a delicious and refreshing lentil salad. Add fresh mint if you can find some.
Make and share this Lentil Salad With Feta Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb brown lentils
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small onion
- 1 stalk green onion
- 2 stalks celery, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons mint (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon za'atar spice mix
- cook lentils according to directions on bag, until tender (but not mushy).
- remove from heat and let cool at room temperature.
- Chop up all the vegetables, and crumble the feta.
- Combine all the salad ingredients together.
- In a small bowl prepare dressing by whisking all the ingredients together.
- Pour dressing over salad, mix well and chill for a couple of hours before serving.