Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A light and healthy recipe for a fresh summer salad by Martha Stewart.
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed fresh dill, pickled from thick stems
- 2 slices bacon, cut crosswire into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt and pepper
- 6 cups frisee or 6 cups baby lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- In a medium saucepan, combine lentils and 4 cups water and bring to a boil, then let simmer. Cook until lentils are soft and tender but not completely mushy, then drain thoroughly.
- In a medium skillet, cook bacon over medium-low heat until crisp, about 8-10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a paper-lined plate to drain.
- Add onion and carrots to fat in skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender.
- Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, Dijon mustard, and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, combine frisée and 1/3 of the dressing, then toss to coat.
- Add lentils, onion mixture, and bacon to bowl with remaining salad dressing; toss to coat.
- Divide frisée among plates and serve with salad.
This recipe looks nice but it doesn't say how much lentils to use