Recipe by **Mandy**
A lovely healthy salad that will keep you going until dinner. I found this on the back of a packet of French style lentils.
Top Review by wendywendy
Yum! I don't love beets, but I do love this salad. I made it at least three times this summer, and have passed the recipe on to others who have shared the love of this bright, hearty, filling salad. Thanks for posting the recipe!
- 1 cup French lentils
- 3 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 450 g baby beets, drained & cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the water, lentils & bay leaf to boil in a medium saucepan, reduce heat & simmer until tender, approx 25 minutes.
- Drain & remove bay leaf.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic & salt & pepper, pour over lentils and lightly toss.
- Toss the dressed lentils together with the onion, beets, parsley & coriander.
- Top with crumbled feta.