Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love lentils. They are a wonderful source of fiber and I use them in many dishes. Canned lentils are a great time-saver, and this salad can be ready in just a few minutes. It can be easily doubled or tripled, so it’s perfect to take along to a picnic or add to a buffet table.
- 1 (15 ounce) can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 small green onion, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or a little less if you like sour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- Prepare vegetables.
- Combine first four items in a salad bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a screw-top jar. Shake well and pour over salad. Marinate for 30 minutes before serving at room temperature.
Loved the salad! I had to make some adjustments based on ingredients on hand. Dried French Lentils were cooked till tender and used in place of the canned and the zucchini squash became a small summer squash. The salad was served topped with crumbled feta cheese, sliced tomatoes and poppodums. A very nice dinner. Made for Aussie Swap.
Nice salad! Made as directed. The only thing I'd change if I could is the balance. Maybe some honey or sugar? Still very good as written. Thanks, Leggy Peggy. Made for Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap #61.
I love lentils and this was a really nice salad..the dressing is very mild so I would kick that up a notch next time..went well with my BBQ dinner and added some shredded chicken & feta to it for lunch the next day. Thanks for posting!