Recipe by Leggy Peggy
I love lentils. They are a wonderful source of fiber and I use them in many dishes. Canned lentils are a great time-saver, and this salad can be ready in just a few minutes. It can be easily doubled or tripled, so it’s perfect to take along to a picnic or add to a buffet table.
Top Review by PaulaG
Loved the salad! I had to make some adjustments based on ingredients on hand. Dried French Lentils were cooked till tender and used in place of the canned and the zucchini squash became a small summer squash. The salad was served topped with crumbled feta cheese, sliced tomatoes and poppodums. A very nice dinner. Made for Aussie Swap.
- 1 (15 ounce) can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 small green onion, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or a little less if you like sour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder (optional)