Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A light citrus lentil salad. You can add whatever you like to it - mandarin oranges, sun dries tomatoes, nuts, orzo, you get the idea. Not much you can put in it that does not go well. When making, I get free with ingredients and adjust to taste
- 453.59 g French lentils
- 2 sweet peppers, chopped, red, yellow, orange
- 1 purple onion, chopped, medium
- 59.14 ml of fresh mint, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped (or to taste)
- 78.07 ml lemon juice, fresh
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 170.09 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 118.29 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh cracked pepper
- Boil lentils, cook only until al dente.
- Cool quickly in ice water.
- Mix all remaining ingredients.
- Marinate to allow flavors to blend.
Loved this lentil salad! Sooo delicious and healthy. Only made two changes -- I did not add the mint and I also reduced the amount of olive oil -- just our preference. This salad goes well with anything and I will definitely make it again. Made for Spring PAC, March, 2013.