Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nice side dish salad. Could even be a lunch main meal. Servings are approximate
- 538.64 g can lentils, well rinsed
- 118.29 ml finely chopped red onion
- 29.58 ml finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh basil
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 44.37 ml red wine vinegar (I used Balsamic)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- Drain and rinse lentils.
- Add next5 ingredients.
- In small bowl add vinegar and olive oil whisk
- Pour over other ingredients.
This was great. I added just a little bit of chopped red pepper for taste and flavor. This made an excellent side dish. I made this for ZWT5.
DD made this for me today using balsamic vinegar. It's simply delicious and quick to throw together. That combination of traits makes it a winner for me. Made for 123 Hits Tag.
I halved the recipe and used balsamic vinegar. A very tasty lentil recipe which we really enjoyed and one that's so very quick to make. I'm always on the lookout for new recipes using lentils so was so pleased to find this one. Thank you for sharing it, wicked cook! Next time I make this, I'm thinking I'll add some diced red bell pepper. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.