A wonderful alternative to standard lentils. Great flavor!
Make and share this Lentil Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup tomato, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, minced
- Place lentils in water. Bring to a boil. Cook until lentils are tender, yet still have some firmness (about 15-20 minutes).
- Drain & rinse to cool.
- Mix together oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, sugar, basil, oregano, garlic, pepper & 2 Tbs water.
- Add remaining ingredients to the lentils. Stir in the dressing.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow flavors to mix. Serve cold.