Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am not vegetarian but I eat some meatless meals and like to have tasty dishes to serve vegetarian friends. I am told that this dish is vegan. It is tasty, healthy and a great warm weather meal.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups cooked lentils (Soft enough to chew but still firm, not mushy)
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups cooked rice (white or brown)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 celery ribs, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 -5 jumbo garlic-stuffed olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a salad bowl and serve.
- Variations: Replace chili powder and cumin with curry powder to taste. Replace bell pepper with sliced tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes. Replace green olives with black pitted greek olives. Replace cilantro with parsley. Replace chili powder with cajun seasoning.