Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from my Mom; I'm posting it here because I keep losing the piece of paper I've written it on and I don't want to continuously bug her for it again! This is a great summer salad, and the flavor gets better the longer it sits, so make it the day ahead at least to really let the flavors meld together.
- 2 (19 ounce) cans lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- Mix everything together. Refrigerate for at least a few hours to let flavors blend. Serve cold and enjoy!