Recipe by mumoftwo
This is a recipe from the Canadian Diabetes Association. It is delicious, and even better the next day as leftovers! It needs to chill for 30 minutes, so plan ahead.
- 1 cup apple, chopped (Granny Smith is delicious)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 3⁄4 cups cooked lentils (or 19 oz can)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine apples and lemon juice.
- Put lentils in bowl. Add celery, raisins (if using) and green onions.
- Stir in mayonnaise, yougurt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Serve on lettuce.
- Exchanges per 1 cup serving = 1 starch, 1 protein, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
- according to Canadian Diabetes Association 1 cup without raisins = 25g carb, 9g protein, 5g fat, 4g fibre, 178 cal.