1/1 Photo of Lentil Rice Pilaf
A delicious and satisfying side dish. Sometimes I add a few sprigs of chopped cilantro.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring lentils to a boil in a 2 qrt saucepan with 2 cups water.
- 2Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, trim and discard ends from green beans; cut into 1/2" pieces.
- 4Slice green onions.
- 5Mince carrot, shallot and ginger.
- 6Drain lentils and set aside.
- 7Heat oil in 2 qt saucepan over medium heat.
- 8Saute green onions, shallot and ginger in oil 2 minutes.
- 9Stir in rice; saute 2 more minutes.
- 10Add 2 1/4 cups water.
- 11Stir in lentils, green beans and carrot; bring to a boil, cover pot and cook 15 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- 12Let stand 5 minutes off heat.
- 13Stir in salt and serve while hot.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Rice Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.7
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 594.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 7.9 g