A delicious and satisfying side dish. Sometimes I add a few sprigs of chopped cilantro.
Make and share this Lentil Rice Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- Bring lentils to a boil in a 2 qrt saucepan with 2 cups water.
- Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim and discard ends from green beans; cut into 1/2" pieces.
- Slice green onions.
- Mince carrot, shallot and ginger.
- Drain lentils and set aside.
- Heat oil in 2 qt saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute green onions, shallot and ginger in oil 2 minutes.
- Stir in rice; saute 2 more minutes.
- Add 2 1/4 cups water.
- Stir in lentils, green beans and carrot; bring to a boil, cover pot and cook 15 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Let stand 5 minutes off heat.
- Stir in salt and serve while hot.