1/1 Photo of Lentil Rice Dish (Mujadarah Arabic Dish)
This Lentils Rice recipe is known as Mujadarah in the Arab countries. There is many different recipes for Mujadarah, this recipe is very easy to cook with little Ingredients, and besides being nutritious,it is inexpensive. This recipe is an excellent vegetarian dish. Mujadarah is can be served with finely chopped Tomatoes salad if desired. Se my recipe for Tomato Salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute Onions with olive oil(stirring occasionally) until golden brown. Reserve 4 tablespoons of browned onions for garnish.
- 2Place lentils,water,salt,and black pepper in different saucepan and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- 3Add to lentils the uncooked rice,browned onions and cumin and mix. Cover and simmer for another 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 4Place Lentils Rice dish(mujadarah)in serving dish and garnish with 4 tablespoons of browned onions.
- 5Mujadarah is best when served with Tomato salad. See my recipe for Tomato salad.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Rice Dish (Mujadarah Arabic Dish)
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.4
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 6.6 g