Prep 25 mins
Cook 55 mins
A healthy meatless version of cottage pie.
- 3 large potatoes
- 1 cup red lentil
- 40 g butter
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 cup sliced red capsicum
- 1 cup green beans, sliced
- 1 1⁄4 cups pasta sauce
- 8 teaspoons milk
- pepper (to season)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- Peel potatoes and then cut into chunks.
- Place in pot of boiling water and cook until just tender.
- Drain and keep warm in pan.
- Wash lentils in cold water and drain.
- Place in pan and add cold water to cover, bring to boil.
- Cover and boil for approx.
- 20 minutes or until tender.
- In fry pan heat half butter, add onion and garlic and stir fry over low heat for five minutes, then add capsicum and beans, cook further 2 minutes.
- Add pasta sauce and bring to boil, stirring.
- Pour mixture into a shallow rectangular baking dish.
- Mash potatoes in pan while still warm.
- Add milk and remaining butter and mix until smooth.
- Add lenils, pepper and parsley, and mix well.
- Spread potato mix over vegetable mix.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
tasted like mush with spice. Didn't care for it and nether did the family. Sorry