Courtesy of the Vegetarian Times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup basmati rice, uncooked
- 1/3 cup brown lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1/3 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- soy sauce
- 1In a large non-stick skillet, bring the wine to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the garlic, onions, carrots, celery, rice and lentils.
- 3Cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- 4Add the black beans, basil, cumin, curry powder, hot pepper sauce and bay leaf.
- 5Cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- 6Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- 7Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the lentils and rice are tender.
- 8Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- 9Season with soy sauce to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.6
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 124.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: