Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Toronto Star January 2005 - a delicious and very nutritious dip
Make and share this Lentil Pesto Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (19 ounce) can lentils, drained
- 1⁄4 cup almond butter (or try a combination of peanut butter and tahini)
- 1 tablespoon flax seed oil (you can use another oil but flax has omega 3s)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce (for vegans, substitute handful of fresh basil, 2 tsp olive oil and one extra garlic clove)
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- Combine ingredients in blender or food processor until smooth.