Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted by request. A simple vegan or vegetarian pattie. The lentils do require overnight soaking
- 1 cup red lentil, soaked overnight and then drained
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (plain mashed vegetables with no additions) or 2 cups mashed kumara (plain mashed vegetables with no additions) or 2 cups mashed pumpkin (plain mashed vegetables with no additions)
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup rice milk or 1⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour (use additional white rice flour if unable to source brown rice flour)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Soak lentils overnight, drain.
- Boil, steam or microwave the potato. Mash with no additions.
- Mix all ingredients together and form into small or medium sized patties.If the mixture is too dry add some extra milk. If it is too wet then add some extra rice flour or sprinkle in a small amount of psyllium husks.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and cook slowly until done on each side.
- These can be made into small balls and deep fried as an appetizer. Serve with a spicy sauce or sweet chilli sauce.