Recipe by Nimue2
One of my favorite vegetatian entrees. This dish is a great way to use leftover lentils. This dish is easily multiplied to serve more people. Easy and delicious.my idea of a great recipe.
Top Review by Dolphin7
Delicious and healthy, they only thing I changed was instead of using Saltine crackers, I ground up some Herb-flavored crackers. My husband and I made them for a church dinner and they were a hit. I give it 5 stars blessings, Linda in Mckinney,TX.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the lentils& the egg.
- Add enough cracker crumbs to make the mixture stick together.
- (The amount can vary with weather conditions.) Drop the lentil mixture by tablespoonsful into a hot skillet with just enough oil to keep the patties from sticking.
- Cook until the edges of the patties are brown and crispy.
- Serve as is.
- Or perhaps with egg gravy and mashed potatoes.
- Also makes a great sandwich.