Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
I've never had anything like this yet, but it sure sounded good. I'm always looking for ways to celebrate the modest lentil, to say nothing of my quest for recipe which include truffle oil (white or black), an ingredient I'm relatively new to, but really enjoy. This can be vegetarian/vegan by using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. I don't know how many servings this yields (i.e. what a cup of lentils "expands to" when cooked), so I guessed.
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons truffle oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the lentils in broth in a covered pan until the lentils are soft and all the broth has been absorbed, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- Place lentils in a food processor. Pour in olive oil and truffle oil, and pulse until almost smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and add additional truffle oil if desired.
- Pulse to preferred thickness and consistency. If too thick, pour in a few teaspoons of water or broth to thin.
- Enjoy! (It's an order!).