Recipe by English_Rose
A veggie version of my corned beef pasties, these can also be served hot or cold as a picnic or for lunch.
- 2 lbs shortcrust pastry
- 8 ounces onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 8 ounces carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 lb cooked lentils (puy)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten, for glazing
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Roll out the pastry and cut out 6 circles 8in in diameter.
- Heat the oil and cook the onions and carrots slowly in it until soft.
- Take off the heat and stir in the spices, tomato paste, lentils and seasoning. Divide the mixture between the six circles and crimp the edges together.
- Brush with a little of the beaten egg. Put on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the pastry is golden. Serve hot or cold.