1/2 Photos of Lentil, Pasta & Vegetable Soup
A Good Thing's Note:
This does take a bit of effort but it is worth it. I use my food processor to chop the veggies and always double or triple this recipe because everyone wants seconds and thirds!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan and gently fry the prepared onion, garlic, carrot and celery, stirring gently, for 5 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
- 2Add the lentils, stock and boiling water. Season with salt and pepper to taste, stir and bring back to the boil.
- 3Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes until the lentils are completely tender.
- 4Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, bring another saucepan of water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well and set aside.
- 6Place the soup in a blender and process until smooth. Return to a saucepan and add the pasta.
- 7Bring back to a simmer and heat for 2-3 minutes until piping hot. Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt. Season if necessary.
- 8Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley. We also add a sprinkle of brewers yeast.
- 9Tip: Avoid boiling the soup once the yogurt has been added. Otherwise, it will separate and become watery, spoiling the appearance of the soup.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil, Pasta & Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.0
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.3 mg
- Sodium 115.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: