1 hr 10 mins
Delicious meat-free family meal. I have substituted dry sherry for white wine, green olives for kalamata, and beef or chicken stock for vegetable stock. Adapted from a recipe in the Australian magazine "Super Food Ideas".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 400 g peeled pumpkin, chopped into even-sized pieces
- 1 (415 g) can brown lentils, drained
- 1 (850 g) can chopped Italian tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped kalamata olives
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 225 g fresh lasagna sheets
- 60 g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1Parboil pumpkin until just tender, drain and mash coarsely.
- 2Meanwhile, saute onion in olive oil over medium heat.
- 3To the onion add the garlic, wine, pumpkin, lentils, tomatoes, olives and stock. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 25 minutes. Add chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- 4While this mixture is simmering, heat oven to 180°C.
- 5Spoon a quarter of the lentil mixture into a 20cm x 20cm ovenproof dish. Top with lasagne, cutting to fit if necessary. Repeat twice, and spoon remaining lentil sauce over lasagne.
- 6Sprinkle top with feta cheese, then bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cooked and heated through.
- 7Stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Olive and Pumpkin Lasagne
Serving Size: 1 (541 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 706.7
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 63.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 37.4 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 37.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat feta cheese