Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Delicious meat-free family meal. I have substituted dry sherry for white wine, green olives for kalamata, and beef or chicken stock for vegetable stock. Adapted from a recipe in the Australian magazine "Super Food Ideas".
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 400 g peeled pumpkin, chopped into even-sized pieces
- 1 (415 g) can brown lentils, drained
- 1 (850 g) canchopped Italian tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped kalamata olives
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 225 g fresh lasagna sheets
- 60 g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- Parboil pumpkin until just tender, drain and mash coarsely.
- Meanwhile, saute onion in olive oil over medium heat.
- To the onion add the garlic, wine, pumpkin, lentils, tomatoes, olives and stock. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 25 minutes. Add chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- While this mixture is simmering, heat oven to 180°C.
- Spoon a quarter of the lentil mixture into a 20cm x 20cm ovenproof dish. Top with lasagne, cutting to fit if necessary. Repeat twice, and spoon remaining lentil sauce over lasagne.
- Sprinkle top with feta cheese, then bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cooked and heated through.
- Stand for 5 minutes before serving.
So delicious. Already a family favourite especially with my 21 month old. I usually add some grated mozzarella along with fetta. Thanks for sharing.