Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Filling, aromatic soup with middle-eastern flavors.
- 1 medium onion
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, sliced thin
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 tabasco peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups sliced fresh okra
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 6 -8 cups water
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sautee the onion, garlic, ginger, and hot peppers in a pan with olive oil.
- Add coriander and chicken then cook until no longer pink.
- Add water, can of tomatoes with juice, lentils, curry, and boullion.
- Simmer until lentils are cooked and flavors meld, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Add okra and cook for an additional ten minutes or until soft.