Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
For my vegetarian SIL and friends
- 3 cups cooked lentils (see note)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Note: to make lentils, sort 1 ¼ cup dried lentils in a medium saucepan over high heat; combine the lentils with 2 cups water (do not add salt); bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered until the lentils are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a big bowl, combine all the ingredients except the cheese; mix well.
- Turn the mixture into a lightly oiled 8x8 inch glass baking pan; gently pat down.
- Bake until the loaf is firm and the top is lightly browned, about 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Let stand in dish for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Cut into squares and serve from the baking dish.
This is great!