Recipe by Moll Moll
This can be made up in 5 minutes if you have a food processor.Its easy to put together,cheap,healthy and quite filling.Meat eaters won't miss the meat.Serve it with mash and gravy or it tastes good cold in a sandwich,pitta or wrap.
- 1 cup cooked split red lentils
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 chili pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup seeds (walnuts sunflower, pumpkin) or 1⁄2 cup nuts (walnuts sunflower, pumpkin)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce or 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds or 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- The quickest way to do this is.
- 1. Get the lentils on.red lentils usually take 12 minutes.
- If using vegan option:Put ground flax seeds in a bowl with 3 tablespoons of water, whisk and let sit.
- 2.With the grater on the food processor grate the carrot and transfer to a bowl.
- 3.Put the seeds and nuts in the food processor and pulse.Add to bowl.
- 4.Next put onion,garlic and basil in the food processor and pulse.Add to bowl.
- 5.Add celery,pepper,chilli oats,lentils,BBQ sauce and tomato puree to the bowl.Add flax seeds or egg.
- 6.Mix well.
- 7.Transfer to a lined loaf tin.
- 8.Make the topping.just mix the 3 ingredients.
- 9.Pat down well and put on glaze topping.
- 10.Bake for 30 mins at 350*F/180*C.