Moll Moll's Note:
This can be made up in 5 minutes if you have a food processor.Its easy to put together,cheap,healthy and quite filling.Meat eaters won't miss the meat.Serve it with mash and gravy or it tastes good cold in a sandwich,pitta or wrap.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cooked split red lentils
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 chili pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup seeds (walnuts sunflower, pumpkin) or 1/2 cup nuts (walnuts sunflower, pumpkin)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce or 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds or 1 egg
- 1The quickest way to do this is.
- 21. Get the lentils on.red lentils usually take 12 minutes.
- 3If using vegan option:Put ground flax seeds in a bowl with 3 tablespoons of water, whisk and let sit.
- 42.With the grater on the food processor grate the carrot and transfer to a bowl.
- 53.Put the seeds and nuts in the food processor and pulse.Add to bowl.
- 64.Next put onion,garlic and basil in the food processor and pulse.Add to bowl.
- 75.Add celery,pepper,chilli oats,lentils,BBQ sauce and tomato puree to the bowl.Add flax seeds or egg.
- 86.Mix well.
- 97.Transfer to a lined loaf tin.
- 108.Make the topping.just mix the 3 ingredients.
- 119.Pat down well and put on glaze topping.
- 1210.Bake for 30 mins at 350*F/180*C.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Meatless Loaf - Vegan or Vegatarian
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.5
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 175.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.0 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: