Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 6 ounces red lentils, split
- 8 fluid ounces water
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 ounces cheese, grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 ounces whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- to taste salt and pepper
- to taste butter (for coating tin)
- to taste dried crumbs (for coating tin)
- Put lentils, water and bay leaf into saucepan and simmer, uncovered, until lentils are tender, all liquid absorbed - about 20 mins.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Oven to Gas Mark 5.
- Grease loaf tin with butter, sprinkle with dried crumbs.
- Add cheese, onion, mushrooms, breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon juice and egg to lentils.
- Mix well.
- Season well.
- Bake in tin, uncovered for 45-60 mins. until firm and golden brown on top.
- Hope you like it! Eve