Recipe by Cucina Casalingo
This is an easy, delicious and healthy salad. Serve immediately. May also be made up to 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the water, lentils, carrots and bay leaf in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Drain, transfer to a large bowl and cool.
- When the lentils are cool, stir in the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.