Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick and delicious side dish, or lunch salad. From Canadian Living Test Kitchen.
Make and share this Lentil Feta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml almonds, slivered
- 236.59 ml dry green lentils
- 2 garlic cloves
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 44.37 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml fresh oregano, finely chopped or 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 354.88 ml cucumbers, diced
- 236.59 ml cherry tomatoes, halved
- 118.29 ml red onion, diced
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 177.44 ml feta cheese, crumbled
- In small dry skillet, toast almonds over medium heat, stirring often, until golden, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add lentils and garlic; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; drain again. Discard garlic.
- In large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Add lentils, cucumber, tomatoes, onion and parsley; toss to coat. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.).
- Stir in almonds and all but 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the feta; sprinkle with remaining feta.
This is great! The veggies are very refreshing, and the feta and almonds are a wonderful touch. Thanks for sharing!
Wow! This was soooo good. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe.