Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick and delicious side dish, or lunch salad. From Canadian Living Test Kitchen.
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, slivered
- 1 cup dry green lentils
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups cucumbers, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- In small dry skillet, toast almonds over medium heat, stirring often, until golden, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add lentils and garlic; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; drain again. Discard garlic.
- In large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Add lentils, cucumber, tomatoes, onion and parsley; toss to coat. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.).
- Stir in almonds and all but 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the feta; sprinkle with remaining feta.
This is great! The veggies are very refreshing, and the feta and almonds are a wonderful touch. Thanks for sharing!
Wow! This was soooo good. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe.