Recipe by emmieawards
This is one of my favorite dishes - it's so easy and really tasty! Be sure to serve with either basmati or long grain rice. It tastes even better the next day!
Top Review by Mean Bean
Very good! I too loved the addition of cauliflower to the daal. I thought it might become mushy by the time that the lentils were done, but it came out great! A good side dish to my butter chicken. Thanks emmie!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups beef broth or 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, ginger, garlic, cumin, turmeric, garam masala and red pepper and saute for approx 2 minutes (until onions are soft).
- Add cauliflower and saute 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and lentils, making sure to mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for about 35 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Stir in lime juice and salt.