Make and share this Lentil Dal recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups cooked basmati rice or 6 cups long grain rice, cooked
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, ginger, cumin, turmeric, red peppers, and garlic.
- Saute 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and tomatoes; saute 1 minute.
- Stir in water and lentils; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Stir in lime juice, cilantro, and salt.
- Serve 1 cup lentil mixture with 1 cup rice.