1/2 Photos of Lentil,corn and Sweet Pepper Chilli (Ww 5 Points)
A really simple and very tasty dish,that is made better by the fact that it contains absolutely no saturated fat and no cholesterol. Great on it's own,but we equally love it made into chimichangas (using low fat flour tortillas and low fat cheese of course!!). A great vegetarian dish!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups dry lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups corn
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander
- 1Heat non stick dutch oven.Add the oil and onion,saute until golden (about 7 mins).Add the tomatoes,stock and the lentils,and bring to the boil.
- 2Reduce to a simmer,and cook covered for 20 minutes.
- 3Add the corn,pepper,chillies,cumin and ground coriander and salt.
- 4Bring to the boil again,then reduce to a simmer,cover and cook until the lentils and vegetables are soft (about 15 mins).
- 5Stir in the chopped coriander and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil,corn and Sweet Pepper Chilli (Ww 5 Points)
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.1
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 376.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.8 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 17.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: