1/1 Photo of Lentil Cookies
1 hr 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 1/2 ounces whole wheat pastry flour (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 8 ounces sugar (about 1 cup)
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces lentils, sorted and rinsed (about 2/3 cup)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dried fruit
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1In a small pot over medium heat, combine the lentils and the water.
- 2Bring to a simmer, cover, and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- 3Remove from the heat and puree. If using immediately, let cool. The puree may be stored in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days or in the freezer for 2 to 3 months.
- 4Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and allspice.
- 6In the bowl of a stand-mixer with a whisk attachment, cream together the sugar and butter on medium speed.
- 7Add the egg and mix until just incorporated.
- 8Add the vanilla and lentil puree and mix until combined.
- 9Add the flour mixture and blend on low speed until just combined.
- 10Remove the bowl from the mixer and stir in the oats, dried fruit and coconut.
- 11Form the dough into balls about 2 teaspoons in size and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper, leaving about 1-inch of room in between.
- 12Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 195 degrees F is reached on an instant-read thermometer.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 54
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.0
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 53.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 1.4 g