Recipe by Donna Matthews
Simple but yummy. When my ds likes lentils, it has to be good. From hillbillyhousewife.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups dry lentils
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon dry onion flakes
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes (I prefer diced)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse lentils in a collender if desired.
- Put lentils and water in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- (Add more water if needed to keep lentils from drying out and burning to the bottom of the pan.).
- Add rest of ingredients and cook another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with grated cheese and sour cream.
- Cornbread and a green salad also go nicely for a hearty meal.