A good vegetarian/vegan veg curry, or use it as part of a curry dinner.
Make and share this Lentil, Chickpea, Vegetable Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500 g pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 3cm pieces
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup red lentil
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 400 g chickpeas, drained
- 2 zucchini, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
- Heat oil in a saucepan; add onion, pumpkin, garlic and curry powder. Cook stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add the lentils and stock, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Add the chickpeas, zucchini and cauliflower and simmer a further 5 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with fresh chopped coriander.
*Reviewed for AUssie Forum Recipe Tag* Served over steamed basmati rice with mini papadums on the side. Great dinner for a meatless meal....even my husband enjoyed it too. Seemed like I was adding a lot of liquid...but actually was all absorbed well by the veges and lentils. We enjoyed this recipe. Photo also to be posted
Didn't have cauliflower or pumpkin but I added potatoes. Very good! For oil I used coconut which really went well with this. I also added a TON more curry (I LOVE CURRY). Thank you so much for a great recipe! Will definitely make again, next time with all the veggies listed and I can't wait.
A really delicious vegetarian meal that was ready in no time. It was served with steamed rice and mini papadums. I did increase the amount of curry powder to 3 teaspoons and doubled the amount of garlic. I look forward to the leftovers later in the week.