When I feel virtuous I make these veggie patties to put in pita bread or burger buns. I have also posted vegan substitutes below. You can also use gluten free breadcrumbs if you wish. Finally, you can make this a up to a two days ahead, the cream will keep for about 2 days, and you could also make these as little patties to serve as finger food at parties.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup red lentil (or any lentils)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 14 ounces chickpeas, drained
- 1 egg (or Ener-G Egg Substitute)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 1/4 cups breadcrumbs, stale
- 1/4 cup flour or 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream or 1/2 cup tofu sour cream
- 1/2 cup cream or 1/2 cup soya cream
- 1 garlic clove, well crushed
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1Put the lentils in a pan of boiling water and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
- 2Heat oil in pan and sauté the onion until soft & translucent (don't let it burn). Add the ground spices and stir until fragrant. Remove from the heat to cool slightly.
- 3Put the chickpeas, egg (or substitute), onion mixture and half the lentils in a food processor. Process until smooth & transfer to a bowl.
- 4Stir in the remaining lentils, parsley, first lot of fresh coriander & breadcrumbs & mix well. Divide into 10 portions.
- 5Shape portions into round patties (if the mixture feels soft, chill for 15-20 minutes or until firm).
- 6Toss the patties int he flour, shaking off the excess.
- 7Place in a hot frying pan/bbq plate/gril and cook for 3-4 minutes each side, or until browned.
- 8Coriander Garlic Cream - mix together all ingredients and chill.
- 9For vegan use the Ener-G, the tofu sour cream and the soy cream.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil & Chickpea Burgers W/ Coriander Cream - No Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (1426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.2
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 37.8 mg
- Sodium 320.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 11.8 g