- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small chicken bouillon cubes or 1⁄2 large chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ras el hanout spice mix, Ras El Hanout - Moroccan Spice Mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry lentils
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the ingredients into the pressure cooker or regular pot.
- Cook for 8 minutes after the pressure cooker begins to hiss. Release the pressure, open the lid & stir. Add more water if needed then cover. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Note: When using a regular pot the cook time should be around 25 minutes.
- In Morocco, this tagine is served with thick bread to scoop up the lentils & chicken.