1/2 Photos of Lentil & Chicken Tagine
This recipe is good even without the chicken. I use my pressure cooker to cut down on the cook time. If you are using a regular pot the time should be doubled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small chicken bouillon cubes or 1/2 large chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ras el hanout spice mix, Ras El Hanout - Moroccan Spice Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 1Place all the ingredients into the pressure cooker or regular pot.
- 2Cook for 8 minutes after the pressure cooker begins to hiss. Release the pressure, open the lid & stir. Add more water if needed then cover. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- 3Note: When using a regular pot the cook time should be around 25 minutes.
- 4In Morocco, this tagine is served with thick bread to scoop up the lentils & chicken.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil & Chicken Tagine
Serving Size: 1 (531 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 644.1
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 193.8 mg
- Sodium 1469.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 82.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ras el hanout spice mix