Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is good even without the chicken. I use my pressure cooker to cut down on the cook time. If you are using a regular pot the time should be doubled.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small chicken bouillon cubes or 1⁄2 large chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ras el hanout spice mix, Ras El Hanout - Moroccan Spice Mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry lentils
- Place all the ingredients into the pressure cooker or regular pot.
- Cook for 8 minutes after the pressure cooker begins to hiss. Release the pressure, open the lid & stir. Add more water if needed then cover. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Note: When using a regular pot the cook time should be around 25 minutes.
- In Morocco, this tagine is served with thick bread to scoop up the lentils & chicken.
Unbelievable! Awesome! My new favorite go to meal, great with crusty olive bread ?
I forgot to rate this! this is a really delicious chicken dish which i have added to our regular rotation.
This recipe is off the wall delicious!! One of my new favorites, easy to make and even better for leftovers.