My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup green lentil (8 to 9 oz.)
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut lengthwise into 8 strips about 5 inches long
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, cored, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon peeled and finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1 sprig fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ounce bean sprouts, for garnish
- 1Bring large saucepan of water to a boil. Add lentils and onion. Reduce heat and simmer until lentils are tender, about 45 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, bring medium pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add carrot strips and cook 1 minute. Remove with slotted spoon and plunge into cold water. Drain and pat dry. In fine sieve over medium bowl, drain tomatoes; set aside.
- 3Drain lentils and cool. Discard onion. Transfer lentils to medium bowl and add celery, red onion, ginger, lemon juice, soy sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and set aside.
- 4In food processor, combine cucumber, vinegar, dill, mustard, and salt to taste. Process until mixture is smooth.
- 5Spoon lentils into mound in center of serving plates. Top each with tomatoes and carrots. Drizzle with cucumber dressing and garnish with sprouts.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil, Celery and Ginger Salad With Cucumber Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.2
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 417.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.9 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar