Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This healthy rice dish is the perfect store-cupboard dinner - you can swap the lentils for chickpeas, add different vegetables or use any curry paste you have on hand. Source: Delicious magazine March 2006
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 about 450g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 1⁄4 cups basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons mild indian curry paste (such as korma)
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 (400 g) can lentils, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves (cilantro)
- mango chutney, to serve (optional)
- Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cauliflower and rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add curry paste and cook for a further minute. Add stock, bay leaves and cinnamon, then bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes until rice is cooked and all liquid has been absorbed.
- Fluff rice with a fork, stir in lentils and heat through for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle over chopped coriander leaves, and serve with chutney, if desired.