Rhiannon and Matt's Note:
This healthy rice dish is the perfect store-cupboard dinner - you can swap the lentils for chickpeas, add different vegetables or use any curry paste you have on hand. Source: Delicious magazine March 2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 about 450g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 1/4 cups basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons mild indian curry paste (such as korma)
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 (400 g) can lentils, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves (cilantro)
- mango chutney, to serve (optional)
- 1Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cauliflower and rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- 2Add curry paste and cook for a further minute. Add stock, bay leaves and cinnamon, then bring to the boil.
- 3Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes until rice is cooked and all liquid has been absorbed.
- 4Fluff rice with a fork, stir in lentils and heat through for 1 minute.
- 5Sprinkle over chopped coriander leaves, and serve with chutney, if desired.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil & Cauliflower Pilaf (Low-Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.0
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: