Recipe by fireyangelxoxo
I got this vegetarian recipe from www.recipecenter.com. I haven't tried it yet,but I thought some people might be interested in trying this healthy dish.
Top Review by Chef Lumiere
Not bad! Holds together well if you let it cool first. I took others advice and changed the seasonings: used about 1 tbsp curry as well as a dash of cumin and some minced garlic. It needs a sauce. If you go with curry flavorings, I suggest a spiced yogurt.
- 3 cups carrots, cut into 1/3 inch slices
- 1 1⁄2 cups lentils, cooked,drained
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons shoyu or 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 cup uncooked oats
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam the carrots until tender.
- Drain the carrots, and, if desired, reserve the water to make a sauce to serve with the loaf.
- Mix together the cooked carrots and lentils.
- Mash them coarsely with a potato masher.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pack the mixture into a well-oiled loaf pan.
- Decorate the top of the loaf with nut halves, if desired.
- Bake at 350 °F for 35-40 minutes, or until firm and golden brown.
- After baking, let the loaf stand for about 5 minutes, and then unmold it onto a serving platter.
- For an attractive presentation, surround the unmolded loaf with sliced ripe tomatoes, or any other colorful vegetable.
- Serve with the sauce of your choice.