Recipe by katew
Taken from Super Food Ideas.
Top Review by Kiwi Kathy
I used spinach in place of zucchini as zucchini are not in season at the moment. While the load is filling and quite simple to make I think it would be improved by sauteing the onions, cumin and corriander to bring out the flavours more. Made and enjoyed for Aussie / Kiwi Swap 33 October 2009
- 4 slices multigrain bread, torn
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 2 (400 g) cans brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup corn kernel, drained, rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line base and sides of 11 x 21 cms loaf pan.
- Allow 4 cms overhang at long ends.
- Place bread in food processor, process to make fine crumbs.
- Transfer to bowl and add onions, carrot, zucchini, lentils, egg, cumin, coriander and 1 cup corn kernels.
- Season with pepper, mix well to combine.
- Press mixture firmly into pan.
- Bake for 55 - 60 minutes, stand for 10 minutes, remove from pan.
- Serve with chutney or sweet chili sauce or salsa.