1/1 Photo of Lentil Burgers - Vegetarian
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe is from the back of the packet of "McKenzies" Red Lentils that I recently purchased.Can be served as a burger on a bun or with a salad on the side as a meal. Cooking/prep time does not include time for cooling. As yet untried by me
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup red lentil
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1 large carrots or 2 small carrots, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 2 -4 teaspoons curry powder (Clive of India brand was suggested)
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour (plain flour)
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 1Combine lentils, celery, carrot, water, curry powder in a pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for approx 20 minutes or until the mixture has thickened. Remove from heat and cool.
- 2Stir in 2 cups of breadcrumbs.
- 3Shape the mixture into 8 burger patties.
- 4Toss them in the flour, dip in the egg white and cover with the remaining breadcrumbs.
- 5Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Add the burgers and cook until well browned on both sides.
- 6Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Serve on a bun as a burger or as a meal with a salad on the side.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil Burgers - Vegetarian
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.1
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 275.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 11.9 g