Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
WW Points = 2
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons chopped marjoram
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- In medium saucepan, simmer the lentils in water with the bay leaf until the lentil skins split easily, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the onion and celery in the vegetable oil, stirring until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining ingredients except the oats and bread crumbs.
- Process the oats in a blender or food processor until finely ground.
- Combine the oats and bread crumbs with the lentil mixture.
- Shape the mixture into 12 patties while it's still warm.
- (Freeze at this point) Bake at 400 degrees on non-stick baking sheet (sprayed with Pam) for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
I made these burgers and they have a wonderful taste. They are more like a pate' paste, but were very good