Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Lentil burgers that don't fall apart, using ingredients that are usually on hand. Nuts and seeds make them really tasty.
- 2 cups cooked brown lentils or 2 cups green lentils
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 cup crumbled brown bread
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped almonds or 1⁄4 cup cashews
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh herb (e.g. basil, oregano, parsley, etc.)
- salt and pepper
- oil (for frying)
- Mix potato and lentils well.
- Add the breadcrumbs, sesame and sunflower seeds, nuts, onion and garlic.
- Finely chop the herbs and add to the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Mix everything together.
- Divide into portions and form into burger shapes.
- Heat a little oil in a fry pan and fry the burgers over moderate heat about 5 minutes each side.
- Place onto buns with salad and sauce of choice e.g. hummus, chilli, tomato etc.