Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another invention - I love making soups, especially if the weather is bad outside - Easy and tasty!
Make and share this Lentil, Barley, Kielbasa and Vegetable Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 5 scallions, with 1/2 the green,sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 package kielbasa, sliced (I used Healthy Choice)
- 1 cup frozen vegetables (any kind. I've used just corn, or the mixed, or chopped spinach)
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- salt and pepper
- In large pot, add everything but the frozen vegetables.
- Bring to a boil, then lower to medium and let simmer until the barley and lentils are tender- about 30-45 minutes When the grains are tender, add the vegetables and simmer for just a few more minutes until the vegetables are done.
- Check the seasonings and enjoy with a nice salad and some fresh bread!