Recipe by Pikake21
I love meals that have lots of fiber. This one has 6 grams per serving, and only 260 calories. The fat content is at 4 grams. I received the recipe from Self's 30 day challenge.
Top Review by *Parsley*
It's incredible what those 2 tsps each of red wine vinegar and grainy mustard do for the flavor of this soup! Don't omit them! This soup is easy, yummy and healthy. This is a keeper for sure. Thanx!
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 158.51 ml diced celery
- 78.07 ml diced white onion
- 78.07 ml diced carrot
- 44.37 ml diced shallots
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 1892.0 ml vegetable stock
- 295.73 ml dried brown lentils
- 9.85 ml whole grain mustard
- 9.85 ml red wine vinegar
- 2.46 ml salt (optional)
- 1.23 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute celery, onions, carrots, shallots and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add vegetable stock and lentils.
- Cook uncovered until lentils are just tender but not too soft.
- Before serving, add mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper.