Recipe by Pikake21
I love meals that have lots of fiber. This one has 6 grams per serving, and only 260 calories. The fat content is at 4 grams. I received the recipe from Self's 30 day challenge.
Top Review by *Parsley*
It's incredible what those 2 tsps each of red wine vinegar and grainy mustard do for the flavor of this soup! Don't omit them! This soup is easy, yummy and healthy. This is a keeper for sure. Thanx!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup diced celery
- 1⁄3 cup diced white onion
- 1⁄3 cup diced carrot
- 3 tablespoons diced shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 quarts vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄4 cups dried brown lentils
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute celery, onions, carrots, shallots and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add vegetable stock and lentils.
- Cook uncovered until lentils are just tender but not too soft.
- Before serving, add mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper.