Recipe by English_Rose
This is a popular baby purees. It is a rich source of protein, iron and calcium.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 ounces onions, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 ounces carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 ounce celery, chopped
- 2 ounces split red lentils
- 9 ounces sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into small dice
- 7⁄8 cup tomato sauce
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the vegetable oil and saute the onion, carrots and celery for 5 minutes.
- Rinse the lentils and add to the pan, along with the sweet potato. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and 1 tablespoon of water. Cover and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese until melted.
- Puree with a hand blender and serve.