Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Good with a sandwich. FRom The Volumetrics Eating Plan.
Make and share this Lentil and Tomato Soup (Volumetrics) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups canned diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- Place lentils, salt, and water in a 4-5 quart pan, Bring to a simmer, and cook, partially covered, 20 minutes.
- Stir in the onions through the pepper and simmer, partially covered, 25 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and simmer another 15 minutes. Stir in the vinegar.
- Divide the soup among 4 bowls and top with sour cream.