Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Yummy simple rissole for those non meat eaters out there. Perfect for post work out.
- 400 g lentils, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed sweet potato
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 small diced green capsicum
- 1 grated carrot
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- Combine lentils and veggies in bowl.
- Use hands to blend in sweet potato, breadcrumbs and cumin. If dry add some water/unsweetened tomato sauce/home made salsa.
- Make into 8 balls and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Spray with a light oil and bake for 35 minute or until crisp and golden.
- Serve with salad, as a burger, or in a wrap.
Sprinkled chilli pepper and cumin in too! These are simply THE BEST, true! Added 4 tsp medium salsa, yes! Were there any left? Want to GUESS! GREAT recipe! Really enjoyed! DEFINATE keeper!
These turned out alright but we had some problems with the prep. The ingredient list says chili pepper but the directions call for cumin. We used cumin but still felt that these were very bland. They stayed together much better than I had thought they would without an egg and were fine on buns but I would like more taste. Nice one to try, though.